Original Medicare (Part A and B), pays for many health care and services but it does not cover everything. Medicare supplement plans, as the name suggests, supplements the Original Medicare. The Original Medicare pays first and Medicare Supplement plan, also known as Medigap plan, fills in the cost gaps. Medigap plan pays health-care services and supplies that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
Facts about Medicare Supplement Plans
- You need to be enrolled with Original Medicare to be eligible for Medicare Supplement plan and you’ll need to stay enrolled with Original Medicare.
- It is against the law for any insurance company to sell Medigap Plan to you if you have a Medical Savings account (MSA) plan.
- Medigap covers one person only, so if you are married, you and your spouse should get separate Medigap policies.
- You can use your Medigap plan with any provider who accepts Medicare.
- Medigap plans don’t cover:Hearing aids,private-duty nursing,eyeglasses,vision or long-term care.
- Medigap Plans don’t include prescription drug coverage. If you want prescription drug coverage,you can enroll with Medical Prescription Drug Plan.
- Medigap policy is renewable,as long as you pay the premium, the insurance company cannot cancel your Medicare Supplement Plans
- In most states. Medigap is available to beneficiaries over 65.
- 20% of Medigap Plans include out-of-pocket limit
- You can buy Medicare Supplement Plans from any private company in your state, provided that it has a license to sell one.
- If you have Medicare Advantage Plan,you can still buy Medigap plan but ensure you can leave Medicare Advantage Plan before your Medicare Supplement Plan begins.
Get Free quotes online today https://www.healthinsurance2020.org
Plans that are not Medigap
- Medical Advantage Plan
- Medical Prescription Drug Plan(part D)
- Veterans benefits
- Employer or unions Plans
- Indian Health services, Tribal and Urban Indian Health Plans
Medicare Supplement Plans.
Currently, there are 10 standardized Medigap plans which are represented by letters A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M and N. Benefits in each category is the same in spite of the insurance company or location although coverage levels and premiums may vary.
Medigap and travel.
Medigap plan C,D,F,M and N offers coverage for health-care services provide outside the U.S. Plans E,H,I and J, which are no longer on sale since 2010,also cover overseas health-care services.
Before you travel, seek more information on coverage outside the U.S with your insurance company.